Skip to content
1 c. strawberries, quartered
3 Tbsp. white sugar
1-2 Tbsp. water
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 heaping tsp. cornstarch
- Add strawberries and sugar to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Before turning on the heat, allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to allow sugar to draw moisture out of the strawberries (optional).
- Heat pot over medium (5) heat. After ~3 minutes, add water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low (3). Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, and allow to simmer an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove 1-2 Tbsp. of syrup and dissolve the cornstarch. Pour back into mixture, and stir well.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool to desired temperature.