- 1 c./1/2 lb. dry beans, cooked (~2 c. cooked beans)
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. broth/water
- 1/2 tsp. broth powder (or other seasonings-optional)
- salt, to taste
- Cook beans. Drain water, then add onions, garlic, and 1/2 c. water or broth. Simmer over medium-low (4) heat for 10 minutes.
- As it's simmering, mash with potato masher. Continue simmering and mashing until desired consistency reached and beans are very soft, ~10 minutes. Season to taste.
- If desired, allow to cool slightly and blend with food processor.
Pinto or mayocoba beans are great choices for beans. Other beans probably will work, but may produce different results.