- 2 guajillo peppers
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 3 arbol peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. chocolate
Remove stems and seeds from dry peppers. Add to a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat. Allow to soak in liquid for 20-30 minutes.
- Once peppers have soaked, add to blender, along with tomatoes, onion, garlic, and enough soaking liquid to blend. Blend until smooth.
- Add oil to a pot and heat over medium (4).
- Strain blended ingredients over pot. Stir well.
- Add seasonings and some salt. Allow sauce to simmer over medium-low (2-3) heat for 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Use as desired.
Other types of dried peppers can be used, although I found this combination to be good.