Skip to content
2 1/4 c. almond milk, divided
5/8 c. sugar, to taste
Pinch of salt
3 Tbsp. corn starch
3 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Combine 2 cups of milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium, whisking often.
- In the meantime, combine corn starch and the remaining 1/4 c. of milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and set aside.
- Once milk is steaming, stream ~1/2 cup of hot milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Once combined, add back to the pot, along with the corn starch mixture.
- Whisk pudding over medium heat until it thickens, ~3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Strain pudding into a container. Serve warm or chill.