Skip to content
Rind and core of 1 pineapple
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
1/8 tsp. ground cloves or 1/2 tsp. whole cloves
Dab of molasses
1/16 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Wash the outside of the pineapple before cutting it.
- Cut or use the pineapple as normal, reserving the rind and core. Top and bottom pieces can be discarded.
- Add all ingredients besides molasses to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low (3) heat for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit for another 30 minutes to an hour. Strain solids, and reserve liquid.
- Add molasses and sweetener, if desired. Store in fridge.