- 2 1/4 c. nuts (pecans, macadamia nuts, walnuts, etc.)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- scant 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients besides coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor. Grind until well mixed, stopping before a butter begins to form.
- Melt the coconut oil. Add the coconut oil and vanilla to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour nut mixture onto a lightly greased 9” pie plate. Press into corners and up the sides.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 minutes or until sides are starting to turn brown. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before filling.
This is my favorite crust for pumpkin pie.