- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. powdered gelatin
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 c. granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Stir together powdered sugar and cornstarch, then sift generously into desired sized greased pan (ex. 8”x8” baking dish or 9”x5” loaf pan). Set extra aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix gelatin and hot water together until smooth. Set aside to bloom.
- Heat sugar and remaining water on stove over medium (4-5) until hardball stage, stirring often.
- Add gelatin mixture to pot. Stir until fully incorporated, then pour mixture into mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until fluffy and thick ribbons form. Add vanilla once mixture is fluffy and beat to just combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with generous amount of powdered sugar/cornstarch mixture. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Generously sprinkle a work surface with powdered sugar/cornstarch mixture. Use a sharp knife covered in the mixture to cut marshmallow into pieces.
Store in the fridge covered in leftover powdered sugar/cornstarch mixture.