Banana nut: Use 2 medium ripe bananas for the 1/2 c. fruit puree. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 c. chopped walnuts.
Blueberry almond: Use 1/2 c. blueberries as the mix-in ingredient. Add 2 Tbsp. ground or shaved almonds.
Jumbo muffins: Fill 4 jumbo muffin tins with 1/2 c. of batter each. Bake at 475°F for 5 minutes, then lower heat to 360°F for 25-28 minutes.
- 1 c. sorghum flour
- scant 3/4 c. millet flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. flax meal
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. coconut cream/fruit puree
- Dab of molasses (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Up to 1/2 c. mix-ins
- In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients and flax meal. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until mostly combined with now large dry patches. Gently fold in the mix-ins.
- Allow to rest covered in the fridge for at least 10 minutes (up to 12 hours). Once ready to bake, remove from fridge.
- Scoop 1/3 c. of batter into 6 muffin tins (they should be filled to the top).
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 18 minutes or until tops are firm. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire baking rack.