- 4 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3/4 bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. oil (optional)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, to taste
- Dice potatoes, onion, and bell pepper into 1/2” pieces.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add potatoes, bell peppers, and onion to hot skillet. Add additional oil, if needed. Cook until potatoes are brown on all sides, stirring often.
- Once brown, add 2 Tbsp. of water and cover skillet. Allow potatoes to steam for ~10 minutes. Stir occasionally and add more water, as needed.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, remove everything from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread potatoes, onion, and bell pepper on a baking sheet, coat with oil, and season. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until fork tender, and remove.
- At the same time, cut bacon into halves. Bake at the same time as the potatoes, until fully cooked. Remove from oven and place bacon on paper towel and pat dry.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of oil to skillet. Whisk eggs and seasoning, then add to skillet. Allow to cook for ~30 seconds, then begin to stir. Gently stir until eggs are scrambled and mostly cooked through.
- Add everything back to skillet. Mix together until well combined and heated through.
Other meats can be used besides bacon, including breakfast sausage.