- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, slightly chilled
- 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp. amaretto
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Beat coconut oil, milk, and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and extracts and mix until combined, followed by remaining ingredients.
- Shape dough into a log that is 8" long and 3" wide. Bake at 350°F for 24 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, cut log into slices that are ~3/4" wide. Place cut side up on baking sheet and bake again at 350°F for 15 minutes or until dry, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing.
For a chocolate version, use 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, 1/3 c. spelt flour, and 1/4 c. cocoa powder. Add 1/2 c. chocolate chips, if desired.