Skip to content
3-4 lbs. beef short ribs
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. liquid smoke
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
2-3 Tbsp. bbq sauce
2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
3/4 tsp. thyme
3/4 tsp. curry powder
3/4 tsp. white pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Cover ribs with plenty of water and add apple cider vinegar. Allow to soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, and pat ribs completely dry.
- Add ribs to a Ziploc bag or sealable container. Add oil and liquid smoke and mix until well distributed.
- Coat ribs evenly in spice mixture, reserving 2 Tbsp. for later.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour at room temperature. If longer, cover and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Once ribs are ready to cook, preheat oven to 250F.
- Place ribs on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle the remaining spices evenly over both sides of the ribs. Cover with another piece of foil, wrapping tightly to keep in the steam.
- Bake for 4-4 1/2 hours, checking once or twice. Ribs should be falling off the bone.
- Once ribs are cooked, drain juices. Liberally brush on bbq sauce, and broil on low for 3-4 minutes, until bbq sauce is sticky. Remove from oven and serve.